Online Master of Science in Project Management
Earn your Master’s from a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider
Established in 1984, the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional® qualification is the single most sought-after professional certification program. More than 600,000 active PMPs are working in project management today.
Earn your Master of Science in Project Management online with Harrisburg University, a PMI Registered Education Provider, and you will graduate with the skills you need to earn this important qualification. Thanks to our emphasis on experiential learning, our online project management graduate degree equips you to lead and complete complex projects across a broad range of industry sectors.
Why You Should Earn a Master’s in Project Management Online
The globalized, technology-run economy has increased the complexity of all aspects of business. From entertainment and events to IT and manufacturing, a wide range of industries requires leadership from highly-trained project managers.
According to the Project Management Institute, demand for professionally-trained project managers will grow 12% over the 2008-2018 period. [i]
Why You Should Earn Your Project Management Master’s Online with Harrisburg University
The online MS in Project Management at Harrisburg University features:
- Leadership Skills for the Entire Project Lifecycle – Our curriculum ensures you gain advanced understanding of all phases of project management, from creation to costing and staffing, from risk management to implementation.
- Real-World Project Experience – Hands-on learning experiences teach you to draw on everything you’ve learned and apply it most effectively. You’ll graduate with concrete project management experience to take into the workplace.
- PMP® Certification Preparation – The Project Management Institute, the world’s largest professional association for project management, has awarded Harrisburg University Registered Education Provider status. You can build skills and experience you need for Project Management Professional® Certification with us.
- Specialized Knowledge – Our program is designed to help you pursue a concentration that teaches specific application of your project management skills to information technology, or let you design your concentration to suit your needs.
- Flexible Study Options – Our online classes give you additional control over your schedule, so you don’t have to interrupt your career to continue your education.
How Our Online Project Management Master’s Degree Works
The online MS in Project Management at Harrisburg University is a 36-credit, 12-course degree program, available as a 15-month program, or as a two-year program. Students take five core courses, two experiential learning courses, and five elective courses in a concentration area. Concentrations include Information Technology Management or an individualized concentration developed with the assistance of an advisor.
Core courses include:
- Professional Communication
- Organizational Leadership
- Principles of Project Management
- Procurement, Contracts & Risk Management
- Planning and Executing Projects
Your degree program culminates in either a thesis or a practical project management capstone.
Who Can Apply
The online MS in Project Management is an advanced degree for students who have graduated from a bachelor’s program. We do not prefer any particular educational background for our MS in Project Management students, but some students who plan to pursue an IT Project Management concentration should have undergraduate coursework or professional experience in technology.
Think. Discover. Connect.
Learn how Harrisburg University’s innovative, career-focused graduate programs can help you achieve your goals. Call 866-457-0053 and speak to an admissions counselor today!
® PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL and PMP are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.