Master of Science in Project Management
Earn your Master’s from a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider
Advance your career in project management with a Master of Science in Project Management from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. Our project management graduate degree equips you with the advanced knowledge and practical skills you need to lead and complete complex projects across a broad range of industry sectors.
You can pursue this degree with Harrisburg University in a full-time, part-time, or online format. Thanks to our emphasis on experiential learning, you’ll graduate with a concrete grasp of real-world project management issues. And, because Harrisburg University is a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute, the courses you take help prepare you for Project Management Professional® certification—the most in-demand professional certification in the field.
Why You Should Earn a Master’s in Project Management
The globalized, technology-run economy has increased the complexity of all aspects of business. From entertainment and events to IT and manufacturing, a wide range of industries require leadership from highly-trained project managers.
According to the Project Management Institute, demand for professionally-trained project managers will grow 12% over the 2008-2018 decade.[i]
Why You Should Earn Your Project Management Master’s with Harrisburg University
The MS in Project Management at Harrisburg University features:
- Leadership Skills for the Entire Project Lifecycle – Our curriculum ensures you gain advanced understanding of all phases of project management, from creation to costing and staffing, from risk management to implementation.
- Real-World Project Experience – Hands-on learning experiences teach you to draw on everything you’ve learned and apply it most effectively. You’ll graduate with concrete project management experience to take into the workplace.
- PMP® Certification Preparation – The Project Management Institute, the world’s largest professional association for project management, has awarded Harrisburg University Registered Education Provider status. You can build skills and experience you need for Project Management Professional® Certification with us.
- Specialized Knowledge – Our program is designed to help you pursue a concentration that teaches specific application of your project management skills to information technology, or let you design your own concentration to suit your needs.
- Flexible Study Options – Our online classes give you additional control over your schedule, so you don’t have to interrupt your career to continue your education.
How Our Project Management Master’s Degree Works
The MS in Project Management at Harrisburg University is a 36-credit, 12-course degree program, available as a 15-month program, or as a two year program. Students take five core courses, two experiential learning courses, and five elective courses in a concentration area. Concentrations include Information Technology Management or an individualized concentration developed with the assistance of an advisor.
Core courses include:
- Professional Communication
- Organizational Leadership
- Principles of Project Management
- Procurement, Contracts & Risk Management
- Planning and Executing Projects
Your degree program culminates in either a thesis or a practical project management capstone.
Who Can Apply
The MS in Project Management is an advanced degree for students who have graduated from a bachelor’s program. We do not prefer any specific educational background for our MS in Project Management students, but some undergraduate education in technology is preferred for students who plan to pursue an IT Project Management concentration.
Think. Discover. Connect.
Learn how Harrisburg University’s innovative, career-focused graduate programs can help you achieve your goals. Talk to an admissions counselor today!
® PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL and PMP are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc