There’s still time to enroll! You can start your classes in JULY and AUGUST!
Online Master of Science
Step up to a new level of nursing practice and leadership
with your MSN
Earn your Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) online with Harrisburg University and prepare for new opportunities in your career. In as little as one year of flexible online study, our CCNE-accredited program can equip you with advanced skills and knowledge for evidence-based care, nursing management, quality improvement and informatics. You can also choose a concentration area and prepare to become a nursing educator or clinical nurse leader.
Program Features and Benefits
100% online curriculum with practicum experiences you can complete where you work.
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Two concentration options to fit your career goals.
An emphasis on patient advocacy as well as applied science concepts in epidemiology, genetics and more.
Access to an engaged, diverse peer network of nursing professionals.
What You’ll Learn
After completing our core MSN curriculum, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate collaborative practice expected of all healthcare professionals
- Produce a life-long learning plan specific to career advancement and maintaining credentials
- Utilize evidence-based research to guide healthcare clinical and operation decisions
- Design and evaluate frameworks required to implement healthcare initiatives
- Adhere to regulatory practices associated with the healthcare industry
Clinical Nursing Leader concentration graduates will be also able to:
- Act as frontline leaders and change agents utilizing best practices in nursing and science
- Demonstrate understanding and application of best practices for developing, implementing, and evaluating quality and process improvement to support improved patient outcomes
Nursing Education concentration graduates will also be able to:
- Apply innovative teaching methods, curriculum development, and evaluation techniques to train and assess student nurses
- Use evidence-based practices paired with population health practices for clinically sound instruction
MSN graduates can help meet demand for nurses with advanced skillsets in a variety of settings.
- Clinical Nurse Leader graduates can direct patient care and quality improvement programs within hospitals, care homes, or healthcare systems.
- Nursing Education graduates can help fill the need for instructors to teach entry-level nurses in academic settings or provide professional development for practicing RNs.
Core Courses for the Online Master of Science in Nursing
Foundational Concepts for Master-Prepared Nurses
Quality and Safety
Advanced Research Methods and Evidence-Based Practices
Nursing Practicum I
Nursing Practicum II
Clinical Nurse Leader Concentration
Foundations for the Clinical Nurse Leader I
Foundations for Clinical Nurse Leader II
Epidemiology in Action: Tracking Health and Disease
Clinical Nurse Leader Evaluation of Health Outcomes
Nursing Educator Concentration
Theoretical Foundation in Nursing Education
Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Teaching Models
Assessment and Evaluation in Education
How to Apply
To apply to
the online MSN program, you must be an actively practicing RN with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and no restrictions on your license.
details, including where to fill out our free application form, on our admissions page.
The master’s degree program in nursing at Harrisburg University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).